Yes, it is still winter. Anyone who lives in Boulder knows, there is a lot of snow still to come. So, let’s have a warm drink or two, shall we?
- 2 quarts fresh apple cider
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 7 whole cloves
- 1 inch of fresh ginger root
- 1/2 of a whole nutmeg
- 1/2 a lemon thinly sliced
- 1 cup orange juice
- honey or maple syrup to taste
- Heat the apple cider, all of the spices, and the lemon on low heat for 20 minutes. Let it cool and then add honey or maple syrup to taste. Throw in a cinnamon stick and drink up!
Recipe thanks to Carrie L’Esperance.